Administration: System Navigation Portal Support Assistant
Our Yonge Street Mission (YSM) Community Development department is currently designing the infrastructure for our system navigation portal ( a searchable online database listing community services). Our system navigation portal will help our community members to locate and learn about programs and services available to them.
This role will collaborate with our Community Development team to research information about community services, organize and enter this information into our database.
ROLE WILL ASSIST WITH THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
– Research content, organize content and enter into YSM database
– Maintain and clean up data for YSM system navigation portal
– Participate in team meetings when needed
– Provide feedback as needed, to improve the process
– Interest in IT and experience working with data
– Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
– Strong English language proficiency: edit program/ website content
– Strong English language proficiency: effectively communicate in-person/by email
– Strong organizational skills, solid problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and stay committed
– Positive attitude, responsible, resourceful, proactive, self-directed, and trustworthy
– Initiative, creativity, enthusiasm and willingness to try new things in new ways
– Over the age of 18, mature and able to make a commitment of at least 6 months or more
– Asset, but not mandatory: website development
– Shift: Schedule is flexible (One-weekday shift, anytime between 9am-5pm )
– Commitment*: Minimum six-month commitment
– Hours: Approximately 5 – 10 hours per week (if possible)
– Location: Flexible – work at our 310 Gerrard Street location, or virtually from home
HOW TO APPLY:
Please fill in the form below (listing the name of the position) to let us know you’d be keen on this awesome opportunity!
If interested please fill-in and submit the form below. One of our Volunteer Resources Coordinators will get back to you as soon as possible.