DO YOU HAVE STRONG COMPUTER SKILLS? DO YOU ENJOY SUPPORTING CHILDREN TO LEARN NEW COMPUTER SKILLS/ PROGRAMS?
The Computer Lab provides computer education to children in ways that are fun and interactive. Computer Teachers will work directly with the students and teaching assistants to help teach children computer skills/programs (in either Video Editing, Animation, Programming or Music Creation). This position ensures that children in the program are challenged and supported while developing their computer skills and full potential. We are recruiting and training now, for a Fall start date!
TEACH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CLASSES:
– Video Editing
– Music Production/Creation
THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL WILL BE ABLE TO:
– Come in once a week to teach and help prepare lesson outlines for students
– Work in a team setting
– MUST be comfortable facilitating lessons to younger youth who vary in age (Grades 6- 8)
– Create hands-on computer lessons, that challenge students to learn new computer skills
Note: Lesson plan should culminate in a final project, where students utilize the skills they’ve developed
POSITION DURATION/ HOURS/ LOCATION:
– Course length: 10-12 weeks (beginning September 2018)
– Class length: 1.5 hours
– Class time/day: Monday 4:00pm to 5:30pm/ Wednesday 4:00pm to 5:30pm
– Location: Computer Lab, at 310 Gerrard Street East
– NOTE: We are recruiting and training now, for a Fall start date!
Note: We seek individuals able to make a minimum six month commitment.
*If September doesn’t work, program is also offered in Spring (Date to be determined)
Computer Class Teacher – Children
If interested please fill-in and submit the form below. One of our Volunteer Resources Coordinators will get back to you as soon as possible.