YSM seeks qualified, professional and registered counsellors who specialize in mental health services to provide Walk-In, single session counselling, focusing on brief, strength-based modalities. The Walk-In Counselling Clinic works with diverse and multi-cultural populations including adults, couples, and families living with chronic poverty, as well as street-involved youth.
YSM’s Walk-In Counselling Clinic will have a rotating roster of volunteer counsellors. The counsellors will meet with clients on a one-on-one basis. Each will be working as a team alongside the Walk-In Clinical Supervisor and volunteer administrator. This group functions as a team discussing issues and needs, supporting each other with each client situation, before, during and after each client that receives a counselling session.
We are looking for volunteers who have:
• A Masters Level degree in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology or in a related field with a minimum of 2 years work experience or post-graduate clinical experience
• Registration in relevant college or regulatory body with the designation of ability to practice psychotherapy
• Enthusiasm and skill working to support change with a multi-challenged, diverse client population
• Demonstrated commitment to principles of cultural competency, social justice, anti-oppression, equity and inclusion
• Clear and recent Vulnerable Sector Screening
We ask our volunteers to be available for 2 Thursday evenings a month, 4:30pm to 8:30pm for at least one year (hours may be negotiable).
If interested in this volunteer role please email Kristin Hersey at email@example.com with your resume and a short cover letter.
If interested please fill-in and submit the form below. One of our Volunteer Resources Coordinators will get back to you as soon as possible.