Thank you to all the walkers, donors, volunteers and sponsors for making Coldest Night of the Year 2022 an extraordinary success!
Thank you for stepping up and stepping out in the cold in support of our hungry, homeless and hurting neighbours in Toronto.
Thank you for giving your time to help us raise money and awareness to this important and worthy cause.
We look forward to walking together again on February 25, 2023 and make a stand to end chronic poverty in Toronto in a generation.
Community Advocate Sponsors
YSM is extremely grateful for our CNOY 2022 community advocate sponsors!
YSM is extremely grateful for our CNOY 2022 food sponsor!
Why participate in CNOY?
Because the facts are:
- Toronto poverty rate is 11.3% the highest ratio of poverty in Canada.
- In 2021 there were 45 million visits to food banks in Toronto, the highest number ever recorded in the city’s history.
- The demand for YSM’s Food Bank has increased more than 196% since the start of the pandemic.
- Toronto is Canada’s child poverty capital – 1 in 4 of our city’s children live in poverty.
- An average of 855 families are served weekly at YSM’s Food Bank.
- 500,000 Toronto residents struggle with poverty: 37% are female single parents, 46% are recent immigrants.
- 31% of Toronto’s homeless residents are between ages of 16 – 24.