We are seeking a volunteer to assist at reception and with admin at our weekly community Health & Dental Clinic. The right person will have excellent computer skills, and be able to work within a diverse, busy, non-profit team environment; and be able to keep to the tasks at hand and be pleasant, efficient, personable and reliable. Volunteers will be oriented to the position by the position supervisor.
• Work closely with the administrator and coordinator in the health centre office
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
• Maintain patience, kindness and friendliness to YSM community members and staff at all times
• Administration/Database: Archiving and scanning patient charts, managing database, and preparing various forms and calendars
• Provide support to health centre staff as needed
• Attend all volunteer orientation and training sessions as required
• Adhere to all YSM volunteer processes, policies and guidelines (including our YSM health and safety protocols).
• Solid English language proficiency/communication for editing documents and phone calls.
• Exceptional organization skills with keen eyes on details
• Happy doing repetitive work and highly dependable
• Knowledge of computers and printers, in particular GMAIL and Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PDF)
• Respectful of those with different struggles
• Self-directed, enthusiastic, energetic, and hard-working
• Comfortable in a diverse and fast paced non-profit office environment
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Clear vulnerable sector police check
• Must be at least 18+ years old
HOURS of POSITION/LOCATION
• One day a week for 3 hours (Monday of Friday)
• 365 Spadina (Spadina and College)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete the form below and Donnett will be in touch about this awesome opportunity.