Yonge Street Mission’s (YSM) Food Bank is seeking a Food Bank – Client Intake Volunteer
In keeping with YSM’s goal to remove barriers faced by neighbours and families in need, our YSM Food Bank provides 3 to 5 days’ worth of staples such at fruit, vegetables, milk, eggs, bread, meat and non-perishables based on the needs, diet and preferences of our clients and their family. We provide a grocery store style shopping experience with volunteers to guide and help clients. The Food Bank – Client Intake Volunteer welcomes visitors to our Food Bank, providing them with assistance to ensure a dignified and supportive shopping experience.
- Welcome new/returning community members and explain Food Bank guidelines
- Register and book Food Bank appointments for community members
- Work collaboratively with the Food Bank staff and other volunteers
- Ability to be physically active: lift 25lbs, walk, stand and bend,
- Volunteers must be at least 18
- Volunteer must have experience using Google Suite
- Volunteer must have strong English language skills and solid interpersonal skills including patience and speaking with tact & sensitivity.
- Quick learner with the ability to be flexible and volunteer in a fast-paced environment
- Additional Language Skills not mandatory by an asset (i.e. Mandarin or Cantonese language speaking is a asset)
- Must have access to email and computer to access YSM emails and volunteer website
- Safety Requirements: All volunteers will be required to adhere to our COVID-19 safety guidelines.
HOURS of POSITION/LOCATION
Our Food Bank is located at Gerrard & Parliament, and this role has a one day weekly commitment (pick a morning or afternoon shift):
- Tuesday, 9:30am-12:30pm
- Wednesday, 9:30am-12:30pm
- Thursday, 9:30am-12:30pm
- Friday, 9:30am-12:30pm
- Tuesday, 12:45-3:30pm
- Wednesday, 12:45-3:30pm
- Thursday, 12:45-3:30pm
- Friday, 12:45-3:30pm
If you are interested, please fill out the form below, one of the keen staff from our Volunteer Resources team will contact you!