Make a positive difference as a Food Bank volunteer! In this meaningful and physically active role, volunteers help our Food Bank team to prepare daily food and essential care packages for community members experiencing food insecurity.
Role and requirements:
- Unload Food Bank donations from our food delivery truck
- Transfer donations from our Food Bank to our food and essential care packages preparation area
- Sort donations into individual food and essential care packages
- Bring prepared food and essential care packages to loading area, to have ready for community member pick-up
- Assist staff with Food Bank set-up/ take down – table set-up, sanitizing your work area, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Food Bank and Volunteer Resources staff
- Ability to be physically active: lift 50lbs, walk, stand and bend, throughout shift
- Fulfill safety procedures: including social distancing, wearing gloves and PPE masks,etc.
- Volunteers must be at least 18
- Safety Requirements: All volunteers will be provided with an orientation, and safety supplies (including gloves, cloth face masks, and other supplies as needed). Additionally, all volunteers will be asked to complete our COVID-19 screening questions, before each shift.
Commitment (one shift per week):
- Monday, 10am -2pm
- Tuesday, 9am – 3pm
- Wednesday, 9am – 3pm
- Thursday, 9am – 3pm
- Friday, 9am – 3pm
- Note: We also have opportunities for 1/2 day shifts from 9am-12pm, 10am-2pm, 12:45-3:30pm
- Location: Downtown – Gerrard & Parliament
If you are interested, please fill out the form below