Family Support Services
Family Support Services strengthens of the family unit by providing an array of programs and services that meet the everyday needs such as:
Care Management: Open to all families with dependent children under the age of 25, Care Management offers personalized family support to address concerns and encourage individual as well as collective family goals.
These support services include:
- Counselling: Trained counsellors support our community members in the process of healing from negative experiences and psychological wounds. Our counsellors help with a range of issues including addictions, abuse, anxiety and eating disorders.
- Employment Services: Through workshops and other programs, our staff helps job seekers gain the skills they need to prepare for work. Job-ready clients are then matched with employment opportunities including training opportunities, job placements and direct-entry jobs.
- Housing Services: For both individuals and families, our staff assists with accessing shelters and transitional, supportive or permanent housing.
- Daycare: To support families through the early years of their children’s life, we provide subsidized childcare through the city of Toronto Children’s Services. We offer infant care (ages 3 to 18 months), toddler care (ages 18 months to 2.5 years) and preschool care (ages 2.5 years until kindergarten entry). Learn more about the childcare fee subsidy.
- Computer Lab: From Senior Kindergarten-aged children to adults, our staff teaches the essential computer skills needed for future success.
One Mom recently told us: “What you are doing here at the computer lab is vital, because it will help our children to be successful at school and in life.”
- After School Homework Club: To nurture holistic development in the lives of children from Grade 1 to 8, we create a fun learning environment where everyone is welcomed and respected.
Child: “I never knew it was fun to learn until I came here!”
- Educational Supports: Serving youths between the ages of 11 and 19, our one-on-one tutoring and homework support helps students achieve academic success. We create an individual homework curriculum for each student based on their Individual Education Plan, psychological test and/or meetings with parents or guardians, teachers and other educational supports. We also help with preparing college, university and scholarship applications.
Student: “Educational Supports has really helped in my transition to university because it makes a difference when the tutor builds a relationship and caters to my learning style!”
- Life Skills Workshops: Through various workshops, we offer practical life skills and support programs that are designed to help both individuals and families reach their goals.
Single Mom: “It is so encouraging to know that I have support and somewhere to turn to. I feel at peace and leave with hope when I come to your office.”