Family Support Services
Family Support Services strengthens of the family unit by providing an array of programs and services that meet the everyday needs such as:
Providing ongoing personalized support for the whole family to address their concerns and encourage the pursuit of individual as well collective goals. Families must have dependent(s) under 25 years old, under their care and living at home.
- Counselling: We have trained counsellors to support community members in the process of healing from negative experiences and psychological wounds. We deal with a range of issues including addictions, abuse, anxiety and eating disorders.
- Employment: Assistance in becoming employment ready-through workshops and other programs.
- Housing: Assistance with accessing shelters, transitional/support or permanent housing
Supporting families through the early years of their children’s life. We are a provincially licensed child care centre providing both full fee and subsidized care. Subsidy is available through the city of Toronto Children’s Services. Learn more about child care fee subsidy. Contact us for more information or a copy of our parent handbook.
- Infant care 3 months – 18 months
- Toddler care 18 months – 2.5 years
- Preschool care 2.5 years – kindergarten entry (3. 8 years)
- Computer Lab: We focus on familiarizing children with computers and equipping them with skills essential to their future success. We offer adult programming which consists of community members who are culturally diverse, low income, and mostly over the age of 30. We serve from Senior Kindergarten to Adult.
One Mom recently told us: “What you are doing here at the computer lab is vital, because it will help our children to be successful at school and in life”.
- Afterschool Homework Club: We seek to nurture holistic development in all areas of the children and youth’s lives from grades 1 – 8 in academics, physical, emotional, social and ethical. We create a fun and creative learning environment where all are welcomed and respected.
Child: “I never knew it was fun to learn until I came here!”
- Educational Supports: We offer one on one tutoring opportunities as well as homework support. We create homework curriculum to help advance youth in their academic learnings. This is accomplished through assessment of the Individual Education Plans and Psychological tests as well as meeting with parents/guardians, teachers and any other supporters the youth has. We also assist with college, university and scholarship applications. We serve youth ages 11-19 years old and will be expanding to adults in the near future that desire to continue their education.
Student: “Educational Supports has really helped in my transition to university because it makes a difference when the tutor builds a relationship and caters to my learning style!”
- Life Skill Workshops: We offer various workshops offer practical life skills/support programs designed to help individuals and families reach their goals.
Single Mom: “It is so encouraging to know that I have support and somewhere to turn to. I feel at peace and leave with hope when I come to your office”.