YSM Evergreen Centre For Street Youth
The YSM Evergreen Centre for Street-Involved Youth has improved both individual lives and communities. Out of approximately 10,000 street-involved youth in this city, YSM Evergreen served 6500 youth in 2014-2015.
A one-stop shop for Street Youth, YSM Evergreen Centre offer the following services:
- Employment: Assistance for youth to find and maintain a job. Includes employment counseling, paid job readiness programs and a space for youth to search and prepare for work.
- Health: Provides compassionate and non-judgmental health care to homeless and street- involved youth and their children. All services are free and confidential; we do not require OHIP.
- Drop-in : a safe space for youth to grab a meal, play some pool and join the many open workshops available.
- Housing : Assistance in accessing shelters, transitional/support or permanent housing
- Food Services: Healthy free meals during lunch (all year) and dinner (October to May) during weekdays
- Nursery: Childcare, parent relief, parenting workshops, and nursery food bank
- Jubilee Designs – YSM’s social enterprise initiative, offering meaningful employment to street involved youth who create hand-made products using recycled materials and provide crafting workshops for individuals and groups.
Click to learn more YSM Evergreen Services
New YSM Evergreen location