Do you love children? And have childcare experience?
We are looking for an amazing volunteer to help in our Nursery on Wednesday afternoons from 12:30pm – 4:30pm.
You would be providing childcare for the children of young parents while they use Evergreen’s programs.
- Interacting with and engaging infants, toddlers or pre-schoolers through playing, reading books, story-telling, singing songs, snack times, etc.
- Putting babies to sleep, comforting unhappy babies, giving bottles, changing diapers, etc.
- Providing relief for the full-time nursery staff to address administrative duties or other tasks
- Help with other activities such as organizing and sorting donations, assisting with administrative tasks, washing toys and other duties as assigned when there are no children to be cared for
- Tidying the nursery whenever needed, ensuring all toys, books and equipment are safely and neatly stored away
- Ensuring space is safe and secure for children at all times
- Interacting with parents as required, ensuring any issues or concerns are followed up and addressed
- Work closely and cooperatively with the staff and volunteer team
YSM’s Evergeen Nursery is located on 365 Spadina Ave. (between College and Dundas).
A successful applicant will be available for over 6 months of consistent volunteering and will be over the age of 18.