YSM’s Double Take thrift store (DT) is an employment initiative of YSM. Additionally, since 1999, DT has also been a community landmark, providing affordable clothing and housewares with dignity (and, all of our clothing is steam-pressed and linens are laundered). Volunteers play a pivotal role in supporting our Double Take Store, and we have the following volunteer role available.
ROLE SUMMARY & COMMITMENT:
- At YSM we recognize the value that stories and imagery can play in highlighting and promoting the impact of our work. This volunteer position will help our Double Take staff to capture pictures that will successfully highlight and promote the impact of our work and store clothing/items.
- Able to advise on studio lighting and backdrop set-up, as well as efficient photo editing practices
- Interest and ability to conduct small scale fashion photo shoots with our online store merchandise (www.doubletakeysm.ca)
- Taking the lead in creating images for a range of media, online, and print use.
- In addition to fashion photography, the volunteer in this role may also produce images capturing the diversity of YSM programming, community members and volunteers in action while adhering to YSM’s brand guidelines.
- Able to make a six-month commitment (flexible schedule)
- Committed to volunteering in a compassionate and non-judgmental environment
If interested, please submit the form below and one of our Volunteer Resources Coordinators will get back to you as soon as possible.