The Women’s Development Network (WDN) is a community based network in downtown east Toronto engaging women in peer support, skills development and social enterprise opportunities. The volunteer in this position will provide training opportunities to engage and empower women to develop the skills needed to provide a professional jewelry design.
You will assist with the following tasks:
- Collaborate with our Community Capacity Builder, and our female group members, to identify the training (and evaluation) needs of our women only peer group/s
- Facilitate a peer group of 6 (or more) women, which offers the women the training required to create and sell complex professional jewelry.
- Evaluate and provide feedback to the women in the peer group, on their current skills and practices in order to better support their skill development and professional goals
- Someone with training, education or experience obtained in advanced jewelry creation/experience
- Strong communications skills and ability to patiently train others
- Comfortable creating curriculum around your training that will cover a variety of different topics
- FEMALE volunteer required (this is a by women for women group)
- Volunteers must be at least 20 years of age
Commitment and Location:
- This role will begin in May 2022, and will last 2-3 months (with the possibility of an extension depending on the needs of the WDN)
- Wednesdays from 1:30pm-3pm
- Weekly or biweekly scheduleLocation: Downtown – Gerrard & Parliament
How to apply:
Please complete the form below and Gerald Darroles will be in touch about this awesome opportunity.