ARE YOU A LICENSED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER LOOKING TO GIVE BACK?
Each week (Monday to Friday from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM) our Yonge Street Missions (YSM) Evergreen Health Centre Team partners with our licensed Health Care Professional volunteers to provide low barrier access to compassionate and non-judgmental health services for homeless and street-involved youth, ages 16-24 (and their children). And, all services are free of charge (and OHIP cards are not necessary). These services include foot care, STI testing, chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, medical, dental care and more. If you are a health care provider who is seeking a rewarding volunteer experience and an opportunity to use your skills in the community, consider joining YSM’s Evergreen Health Centre’s team of committed health care volunteers!
WE’RE SEEKING THE FOLLOWING HEALTH CARE PROVIDER VOLUNTEER ROLES:
- Family Physicians – Monday, Tuesday Or Thursday 1:00pm To 4:30pm
- Nurse Practitioners – Monday, Tuesday Or Thursday 1:00pm To 4:30pm
- Physiotherapists – Monday, Tuesday Or Friday 1:00pm To 4:30pm
- Registered Massage Therapists – Monday Or Tuesday 1:00pm To 4:30pm
- Chiropractors – Monday, Tuesday Or Friday 1:00pm To 4:30pm
- Dentist – Monday, Tuesday Or Thursday 1:00pm To 4:30pm
- Dental Assistant – Monday, Tuesday Or Thursday 1:00pm To 4:30pm
- Optometrists – Monday Or Wednesday 1:00pm To 4:30pm
- Psychiatrists – Monday Or Wednesday 1:00pm To 4:30pm
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENT/ COMMITMENT:
- Health care provider who is licensed, registered and in good standing with your Ontario regulatory body
- Able to commit to one regular afternoon per month
- Able to make a one year commitment
- Able to walk up/down stairs
- Committed to providing compassionate and non-judgmental health services
If interested, please submit the form below and one of our Volunteer Resources Coordinators will get back to you as soon as possible. PLEASE “CLEARLY” NOTE THE VOLUNTEER ROLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR!