How does YSM Housing Support Services work?
In keeping with our goal of ending chronic poverty, YSM offers Torontonians transitional housing while helping to find a permanent home. YSM works with families and youth aged 16-24 to assess their housing needs. From there, we help them access the right resources to help maintain or find supportive housing in Toronto.
Safety is always a top priority. Ensuring Torontonians have a safe place to live is the first step in helping them to rebuild their lives. No one should ever have to worry about where they’ll stay, which is why we at YSM work with individuals and families to secure shelter.
Housing support for adults & families
Our housing support in Toronto is designed for individuals and families who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Our housing supports include:
- Immediate support for individuals at risk of losing housing
- Eviction prevention and housing stabilization
- Assistance with:
- Housing applications
- Rental search
- Unit viewings
- Appointment only.
- Monday and Tuesdays, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM at Evergreen, 365 Spadina Ave
- Thursdays, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM at Genesis Place, 280 Gerrard St. E.
- Please call 416 929 9614 to book an appointment or for more information.
Genesis Place: YSM’s transitional housing facility
With funding from the City of Toronto, YSM manages a 26 unit transitional housing centre for individuals who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.