Services during covid-19
To ensure the health and safety of all, and under the direction of Public Health safety protocols, YSM is in phase one of our re-opening of services and programs.
Our modified services include increased services via phone, video calling or screened on-site services by appointment with enhanced safety protocols. Food and groceries will continue to be available for take-away.
YSM's Modified services
Evergreen Services (ages 16-24)
365 Spadina Ave., Toronto
- To-go meals from 12-4:30 daily
- Coffee, snacks and bottled water 12-4:30PM daily
- Groceries available at 270 Gerrard St E YSM Davis Centre Food Bank.
- Evergreen drop-in, will have one-on-one scheduled meetings, booked at the door or by calling 416 929 9614 x 2200.
- Drop-in staff available to assist with: clothes, hygiene supplies, sleeping bags, warm wear, etc.
- The usual dining/hang-out space will not be available. All food is for take-away. All other non-essential services paused until further notice.
- Nurse is available for phone consults, referrals or by appointment. Please call call 416 929 9614 x 2238.;
- Nurse Practitioner can see urgent medical issues by appointment (can be made at reception);
- Urgent Psychiatry visits can be arranged: To schedule with the Health Centre, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416 929 9614 x 2238.
Telephone counselling will also be available by appointment. To schedule, speak with drop-in staff or contact Nazreth directly at email@example.com or 416 929 9614 x 2269, Monday – Thursday, 10 – AM-4:30PM.
For inquiries about psychiatry please call 416 929 9614 x 2200
To schedule Reception or Drop-In staff can coordinate appointment or please call Olaide at 416 929 9614 x 2234.
Employment Services staff can support by phone or email and want to ensure the continuity of support to the best of our ability. For all general inquiries, call the Employment Centre at 416 929 9614 x 2278 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resource centre shut down and no in-person meetings will be available on site.
Davis Centre Services (ages 25+)
270 Gerrard St. E., Toronto
Tuesday-Friday, 10-12noon, 1-3pm
Nutritious Food Bags available by family size, once a week for residents of the M4 and M5 postal code area – no proof of income is needed at this time.
Staff available to assist with: hygiene supplies, baby items, warm wear, etc.
Cornerstone Families and Bridges adults can request grocery bags via Care Managers
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4 – 5 PM
Staff available to assist with: hygiene supplies, warm wear, etc.
How you can help
Every little bit helps. YSM is seeing an influx of people needing assistance during the COVID-19 crisis. As we continue to support struggling neighbours, we need your help. If you are able, please donate online today and help YSM continue to offer meals, groceries and other supports to those most in need during this difficult time.
Ride for Refuge: Oct 3, 2020
YSM is excited to be a part of Ride for Refuge 2020!
Our goal is to raise $24,000, and, together, we can make that happen!
You can choose to walk, bike or do a fundraising activity you love – is up to you. Whatever you do and wherever you do it, you will help YSM continue to serve our vulnerable neighbours.
Homemade Cloth Masks
With the current COVID-19 pandemic there is a worldwide shortage of personal protective equipment, otherwise known as PPE. In order to keep our community healthy and safe, YSM is asking sewers in the community to make masks to be donated to YSM staff and volunteers working to serve and support our community members at this time.
We are seeking masks for both children and adults.
Learn more and download the sewing pattern here.
Send Virtual Love
YSM’s front line staff are safely offering food and support to struggling neighbours. Please join us and #SendVirtualLove to our staff who have adapted to the situation.
Send your encouragement and messages of hope by tagging us in your social media posts (@YSM_TO on Twitter and @yongestreetmission on Facebook and Instagram). Let’s support those who are supporting our community!
Or add some creativity to your message by downloading this colouring sheet. Tag us in posts with your completes images and hang them in your window to spread the love to you neighbourhood.