YSM Employment Services is available by drop-in or appointment for youth and adults at one of our two locations.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
COVID SERVICE UPDATE
Employment Services staff can support by phone or email and want to ensure the continuity of support to the best of our ability. For all general inquiries, call the Employment Centre at 416 929 9614 x 2278 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resource centre shut down and no in-person meetings will be available on site.
Employment services and programs:
YSM Employment Services is designed to equip job seekers with job readiness skills in order to prepare for work. Job ready clients are then matched with work opportunities and coached to retain employment.
|Available for Adults (25+)||Available for Youth (16-24)|
|Drop-in Employment Services||
- Information about jobs, training, programs and resources.
- Access to computers, printers, telephones
- Help from YSM staff with resume and job searches
- One-on-one assistance to prepare and connect with work
- Job Matching services for training opportunities, job placements and direct entry jobs
- Assistance with Second Career applications
- For people with self-identified mental health disability
- Connection with mental health counsellor
- Group based and one-on-one training and personal support
- Phase 1: Experiential classroom based learning and paid internal work placement
- Phase 2: 10 week paid job placement and employment support in the community
|Evergreen Next Step||- For youth receiving Ontario Works
- Interactive workshops focused on life-skills and employment readiness development
- 3 hours a day for 5 weeks
- Small group setting
- Matched with job opportunities
(18 – 29 years)
|Youth Job Connection||
- Paid job training program for youth
- Phase 1: 60 hours of interactive group training and one-on-one personal supports
- Phase 2: Paid job placement and employment supports in the community based on interests and skills
- Mentorship available
(15 – 29 years)
|Starbucks Barista Work Placement Program||
- Customer service training and placement in Starbucks
- Successful graduates secure permanent jobs with Starbucks
- Accessed through Employment Services or Youth Job Connection
(18 – 29 years)