Evergreen Health Centre
Healthcare services for homeless and street-involved youth, ages 16-24.
365 Spadina Ave., Toronto
All services are free and confidential. We do not require OHIP.
All services are by appointment only during COVID-19.
Health Centre: 1:30 – 4: 30 PM, Monday – Friday
Nursery: 12:30 – 4: 15 PM, Monday – Friday
To make an appointment:
- DENTIST or DENTAL HYGIENIST: line up at the door starting at 9 am on the DAY OF
- PSYCHIATRIST: line up at the door OR call 416 929 9614 x 2200 starting at 9 am on the DAY OF
- All other Health Care Providers: call 416 929 9614 x 2200 or come by Evergreen to schedule an appointment. Our receptionist will call you a week before your appointment to confirm.
For the most up-to-date announcements for the Health Centre and Evergreen check our Instagram.
Physicians and nurse practitioners provide primary health care services to youth and their children. We provide specialized care with a focus on STI screening and treatment, respiratory illnesses, injuries/trauma, skin infections, prenatal care, and mental health.
We can help with:
- Diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries
- Provide counselling and health promotion education
- Perform and order diagnostic tests
- Give medications or write prescriptions as necessary
- Make referrals to specialists
- Give immunizations
- Perform physicals and well-baby check-ups
- Provide prenatal care, counselling, and follow-up
The nursery is open daily for those of you who have children up to 4 years of age. Services offered are:
- Child care and parent relief
- Baby food and clothing bank
- Referrals for additional parent-child supports and resources
A psychiatrist is a physician specializing in mental disorders. You are offered diagnostic evaluations, psychotherapy and psychotropic medication if necessary. Ongoing follow-up is strongly encouraged, and referrals are made to appropriate services when necessary.
Physiotherapy is focused on correcting impairments and disabilities, and promoting mobility, function, quality of life and movement. Physiotherapists utilize hands-on clinical skills to assess, diagnose and treat illness, injury and disability. Treatment includes personalized therapeutic exercises and health education.
Naturopathic Medicine is a form of alternative medicine which favors a holistic approach to health, taking the least invasive route in symptom improvement. Preventive measures are emphasized through stress reduction and a healthy diet and lifestyle.
We provide dental and hygiene services including the following:
- Root canals
- Night Guards
- Surgical removal of wisdom teeth
- Partial dentures
Nurses run a foot care clinic and shoe exchange on Tuesdays from 1:00 – 3:00 PM.
The clinic consists of a three step process of soaking feet, foot and nail assessment and treatment, and foot massage.
You will receive a new pair of socks after treatment. The shoe exchange allows you to trade your worn-out shoes for quality new or gently used running shoes.
Referrals can be made to a chiropodist who can treat various nail and soft tissue pathology, including surgery.
An optometrist is an eye doctor who examines eyes for both vision and health problems, and correct refractive errors by prescribing eyeglasses and contact lenses. You will get a complete eye exam and arrangements are made to assist you in obtaining eye glasses if needed.
Chiropractic Medicine is a complementary and alternative medicine specializing in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of neuromusculoskeletal disorders. Treatment includes manipulations of the spine, joints, and soft tissues as well as exercises and health and lifestyle counselling.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a broad range of medicine practice offered as an alternative to Western medicine. Treatments include herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage, exercise supplements and dietary therapy. You will be extensively counselled prior to undergoing treatment, developing a plan of care and ongoing follow-up.