Yonge Street Mission’s (YSM) Double Take (DT) Thrift Store is seeking a DT Store Retail Volunteer!
Double Take (DT) Thrift Store is a Yonge Street Mission social enterprise with a twofold purpose: to provide hands-on employment training to job seekers, and act as a community resource where gently used, high-quality clothing, furniture and housewares can be purchased at affordable prices, in our store and online.
The purpose of the DT Store Retail Volunteer role is to welcome and provide a warm and friendly greeting to our retail customers as they enter our store, and to provide assistance when needed, to help create a positive and inviting store atmosphere! The ideal volunteer will be passionate about social change and community empowerment in line with YSM’s values, and should be able to be self-motivated in initiating projects under the guidance and supervision of the manager.
- Good English communication skills (to follow and communicate detailed instructions)
- Trustworthy, reliable, honest
- Demonstrably responsible (seeks and applies an efficient approach to duties)
- Ability to quickly take direction (cooperative and adaptable to busy environment)
- Enthusiastic, quick thinker, high energy, willing to take initiative, and follows through on commitments
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of cultural competency, social justice, anti-oppression, equity, and inclusion (i.e. committed to supporting a welcoming space for all at our Double Take store)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Passionate about sustainability in retail industry
- Asset: Knowledgeable about Canadian and international retail brands
- Age/Online Access/COVID Safety Requirements: Volunteers must be at least 18 years old, and able to go online to view volunteer shifts/notifications. Also, to ensure the safety of all YSM follows Public Health Safety Guidelines, and all volunteers must be willing to adhere to our mandatory COVID-19 volunteer safety guidelines and volunteer guidelines.
- Commitment: Able to make a minimum 6 month commitment with shifts being flexible (complete at least 1 shift weekly)
HOURS of POSITION/LOCATION:
- Available Shifts: Volunteer will negotiate/finalize this with DT Staff/Store Manager
- Location: Gerrard & Parliament
If interested, please submit the form below and one of our Volunteer Resources Coordinators will get back to you as soon as possible.