ARE YOU A LICENSED AND CERTIFIED PHYSIOTHERAPIST IN TORONTO? DO YOU WANT TO HELP STREET-INVOLVED YOUTH AND ADULTS EXPERIENCING POVERTY?
Each week (Monday to Friday from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM) our Yonge Street Missions (YSM) Evergreen Health Centre Team partners with our licensed Health Care Professional volunteers to provide low barrier access to compassionate and non-judgmental health services for homeless and street-involved youth, ages 16-24 (and their children). And, all services are free of charge (and OHIP cards are not necessary). These services include foot care, STI testing, chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, medical, dental care and more. If you are seeking a rewarding volunteer experience and an opportunity to use your skills – as a Psychiatrist – in the community, consider joining YSM’s Evergreen Health Centre’s team of committed health care volunteers.
QUALIFICATION & COMMITMENT:
- To volunteer, all Health care providers MUST BE licensed, registered and in good standing with your Ontario/Canadian regulatory body
- Volunteer one afternoon once a week or once a month (must be able to commit to at least one regular afternoon per month)
- Able to make a one year commitment
- Able to walk up/down stairs
- Committed to providing compassionate and non-judgmental health services
If interested, please submit the form below and one of our Volunteer Resources Coordinators will get back to you as soon as possible.