Our Yonge Street Mission, Church at the Mission (CATM) is seeking a CATM Sunday School Teacher volunteer to help us grow the CATM ministry and also support the spiritual development of the children in our CATM Sunday School.
– Lead/Support Sunday school lesson plans for a small group of 3 – 8 children (various ages)
– Supervise and encourage children during activities or church group singing/presentations
– Become familiar with the individual needs of the children in the CATM Sunday school
– Attend all volunteer orientation and training sessions as required
– All volunteers shall adhere to all YSM volunteer processes, policies and guidelines (including our YSM health and safety protocols).
– A commitment and mature familiarity with the Gospel and Bible
– A commitment to spiritual growth and ministry that supports the CATM.
– Experience teaching Sunday school, and or engaging young children.
– Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
– Encouraging others come naturally, a sense of humour, compassion and patience
– Demonstrated commitment to principles of cultural competency, social justice, anti-oppression, equity and inclusion
– Deep interest and strong ability to work with marginalized persons from a client-centred, empowering, and strengths-based approach
– Deep understanding of the causes of poverty and the cycle of poverty, mental health challenges and social isolation
– Ability to maintain professional healthy boundaries with community members/children
– Ability to creatively teach the Gospel to children at an age appropriate level.
– Clear vulnerable sector police check
– Must be at least 18+ years old
HOURS of POSITION/LOCATION
– Sundays 2:30 PM – 4 PM (1.5 hours)
– Gerrard Street East & Parliament
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete the form below and Donnett will be in touch about this awesome opportunity.